Friday 24 April 2015

Simply Floral Watercolour Take 2 :D



I made a pink version of a card very similar to this, and I just had to have a go at a yellow version :D I used the rose stamp from the Docrafts Simply Floral stamp set, I embossed it in white onto some watercolour paper, and I used distress stains to watercolour it. Broken China for the background, Peeled Paint and Pine Needles for the leaves and Antique Linen, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade for the roses. I used a stitched square die four times to create the panels (I also have the negative space which I made into another shaker card). I painted an extra rose for the focal point. The hearts are double embossed with white embossing powder so they match the white of the line art. The sentiment is stamped and embossed in white and then coloured in with a mix of Peeled Paint and Pine Needles distress stains to match the leaves :D I really enjoyed making this card, I love the bright colours!! and I made it as a treat to myself for just handing in my dissertation, and its a thank you for my mum becuase she proof read it for me, which must have been hard when she didn't understand a single word, I think only a chemsitry student would know anything about Supercapacitors lol :D


This is the shaker card I made with the neagtive space too, I used the other half of the CD pocket I used in the pink version.... I can't decide which one is my favourite though :D :D