Saturday, 25 April 2015

Messy Style :D

I started these cards with the background technique of brayering paint… I used a few different colours of Artiste acrylic paints to build up the bulk of the background… and then added drips and splotches of ink sprays (a watered down version of dylusions) to fill in more of the background colour. The cards are A6 in size and I used the largest of the Simon Says Stamp stitched circle dies to create the aperture… the messy outside was created by flicking some different coloured inks in a diagonal across the front of the card, and then to add some more interest I used some ‘sequin’ stamps from a Heidi Swapp stamp set with distress inks, I think this just balanced the design… Two of the focal images are stamped with black soot distress ink, and the third was stamped and embossed in black, just to make it stand out a bit… Finally to finish them off I added a sentiment using (a very ancient) dymo labeller with 6mm wide tape, on a few of them I had originally used a 9mm tape, but I thought that it was too wide for the card…. Because this was kind of a messy card, I also added in a white insert just to hide where I’d stuck the panel behind the aperture. Once I’d finished these cards I really thought that the style reminded me of the title sequence for the BBC version on The Musketeers :D

To see the process behind these cards, please check out my Youtube video:

Again my sister wanted to try filming and editing some more live action of me making cards, however it’s taken me this long to get round to uploading it :D 

 I am entering these cards into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog Challenge 'Anything Goes' :D

I also used a bit of punchanella on some of the backgrounds, which can be seen in this card :D