Thursday 26 September 2013

Union Jack card

This was an experiment, and started off as a piece of white card. I placed a union jack stencil over the card and taped it in place, I then applied clear ink it up ink through the stencil using a piece of foam, and covered with Papermania clear embossing powder and heat set it. I decided to move away from the traditional red and blue, so used a kind of teal colour, which was mix of broken china and peeled paint distress inks, I also did a bit of water splattering to add more texture too. I then got a baby wipe and wiped any excess ink from the surface of the embossing powder. Then using a cheap generic mica powder I dusted it over the top and heated again so that the mica would sink into the embossing powder (it’s not very obvious in the photo, but there is a slight pearly shimmer). I then finished it off by stamping the ‘congratulations’ sentiment (from the free chronology stamp set on the docrafts magazine) onto a piece of Happy Days paper and cut it into a forked tail banner, and I then attached this in a wiggle so the middle is raised up with foam pads :D