Thursday 16 March 2017

Apple Blossom Flower Cluster :D


A floral cluster of sparkly flowers with a subtle watercolourey background and some subtle stamping :D I really love this style of card having the flowers all bunched in a strip down one side of the card :D :D :D This is such a great stamp set from Apple Blossom, you'd think you'd have to use it in conjunction with another stamp set or a die set to create a card, but because they've included the little flower stamps, it creates a gorgeous stand alone card :D I really LOVE how this card came out!! It's one of those ones you're really proud of lol, and it was hard for me to part with it to send it off to CraftStash :D :D :D Another one of those cards to add to my ever growing list of cards I want to make again when I get a chance, trouble is I keep coming up with so many new ideas to try I never get round to making them again lol At least I can watch the video back to remind myself how I made it lol :D

So I started by stamping and colouring all my flowers and leaves, to do this I used some Distress Inks along with a Sparkle pen to watercolour them :D Then to make the background, I added some extra water to my glass mat and then I swiped my card through the ink to give a loose watercolour look (I must remember to do this more, because it looks so lovely! Especially when you add lots of water to give the subtle look) Once the background was dry I added in some tone on tone stamping using one of the sentiments along with some Altenew Crisp Inks :D I then cut out all my elements leaving a little white edge, and I stamped my sentiment and added a doodled black border and cut that out too :D Finally I assembled everything together using a mix of Cosmic Shimmer Glue and 3D foam, then I added a scattering of Bubblegum Blush Nuvo drops and Voila card done :D Hope you liked the card :D I think this would look great in lots of different colours too :D :D :D

Main products used in this video:
Apple Blossom Floral Frames Collection -  Sentiment Stamp Set
Distress Ink minis - Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Aged Mahogany
Tonic A3 Glass Cutting Mat (352E)
Altenew Rose Petal Ink Cubes
Bubblegum Blush Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss (672N)
Stix2 Tape runner

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D