Tuesday 21 March 2017

A Tonic-tastic Mother's Day Card :D


Another cute Mother's Day card, this time using a load of Tonic products including their fab alcohol pens, embellishment mousse, glimmer paste, stencils, dies and jewel drops too :D And of course I had to finish it all off with some adorable Lawn Fawn critters :D For all the colouring I used the Nuvo Creative Pens from Tonic :D

To create the background, I firstly blended on some Aquamarine Mousse using my fingers, then I laid the falling diamonds stencil over the top and added some of the Cornflower Mousse using a piece of Cut n Dry foam :D I then used some of the Sapphire Glimmer Paste through the Sunray Scallop Tonic Stencil off to one side, as I knew I was going to add the three aperture panel, and I only wanted the paste to be behind that (those thin border stencils of Tonics are absolutely fantastic for things like this!!) This Glimmer Paste dried in no time too, I stamped coloured and cut out my Mermaids and once I was done, then Glimmer Paste was already dry :D To create my three aperture piece, I used two different sizes of Tonic layering circle dies, having a smaller aperture in the centre, I then raised this up with some 3D foam and tucked in all my cute little characters :D And my finishing touch was a few Nuvo Jewel drops (you can't have a Tonic card, without some Nuvo Drops :D) I like to make mine ahead of time and store them in a little container, that way they're always ready for when I need them :D Hope you liked the card :D It was another commission for a Mother's Day card from my gorgeous little God-Daughter :D


Main products used in this video:

Tonic Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Aquamarine and Cornflower (806N and 807N)
Tonic Falling Diamonds 6x6 Stencil 1474E
Tonic Sunray Scallop Stencil 1484E
Tonic Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Sapphire Blue 957N
Tonic Nuvo Jewel Drops - Sea Breeze 646N
Tonic Layering Circle Dies
Tonic Nuvo Creative Pens 
Lawn Fawn Mermaid for You Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn A Birdie Told Me Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABC Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Plan on it Holidays Stamp Set
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine
Standard Platinum Cutting Plates

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you're interested in more videos I've made using Tonic Studios products, check out my Playlist below :D



And if you love Lawn Fawn as much as me, why not check out that Playlist too :D



Loads more photos below :D









I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Layer it Up Monday Challenge :D