Monday 25 April 2016

Bird Crazy Birthday Card :D



This is a really simple, almost one layer 25th Birthday card, my main inspiration for this card was the #128 sketch from the Lawnscaping Challenge blog. I know the main image isn't from Lawn Fawn, but the alphabet stamp set I used is the Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC set. This is the first time I've entered a Lawnscaping challenge, and I really wanted to use this little crazy bird and I thought it would go perfectly in this sketch :D I started by stamping the bird using Onxy Black Versafine ink (I know this isn't supposed to be compatible with alcohol markers, but I love the crisp black image, and anyway it doesn't seem to bleed :D). I then masked off the 2 stripes using some cheapy washi tape, and I blended Twisted Citron distress ink from the right and Mermaid Lagoon from the left. While the white areas were still covered I also used the same ink to stamp the 25 multiple times, and to make one stand out I drew over it with a black Pitt pen as a finishing touch, as well as giving a sketchy outline to the inked stripes. The 25 and the Happy Birthday sentiments were stamped using the Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC set, I love the way Lawn Fawn make their alphabets it makes it soooo easy to line up the letters nicely!! :D For the bird I coloured the beak with Gold and Pumpkin promarkers, the tummy with Bright Green and Forest Green promarkers and the head and wings with Cyan and Aegean promarkers. To give a little shadow around the edge of the images and around the edge of the speech bubble (which I sketched in again with a Pitt pen) I added a little Cool Grey 1 promarker :D For the final touch, I added some googly eyes (in 2 different sizes to match the stamp) and also a little bit of sparkle and gloss gel to the beak. I really like the simple almost one layer look of this card and I hope the recipient will like it too!! (p.s. I think this would look great in different colour ways too :D).

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below or on my channel :D






I'm entering this card into the Lawnscaping Sketch Challenge #128
http://lawnscaping.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/lawnscaping-challenge-sketch-sponsored.html