Tuesday, 21 June 2016

You're so Sweet Gumball Shaker :D


I love this Lawn Fawn stamp set, it is soo cute, and works brilliantly for multiple occasions :D I based this shaker card all around the boldly striped patterned paper in the background (this was from a 12x12 bold spots and stripes paper pad from Papermania) and this gave me the colour pallet from which I chose all my promarkers :D I love being able to make your main focal image match the patterned papers you've used, and I think I managed to get pretty good colour mathces (Promarkers: Khaki, Sandstone, Red, Ruby, Canary, Gold, Forest, Holly, Cyan, Agean, Cerise, Magenta and Indigo) :D I decided to make this a shaker card, and to make it much simpler to add foam tape around the opening, I decided to create the scene on a large stitched rectangle (the largest from MFT's stitched rectangle stax) and then just cut out the middle of the gumball machine, this means you have a really large area to add your foam! :D I also only needed to add one layer of foam tape as for the shaker elements I just stamped and coloured some of the gumball images, I also added a really thin layer of gloss to them too, you can just about see in the photo below :D ... I really enjoyed making this card, and you could easily make it as a birthday card too :D


I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog Challenge 'Use Patterned Papers'
 http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I think I need this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D It's such a sweet set :D

      Delete
  2. This card is absolutely adorable! I am loving the way you made it into a shaker card and my favorite thing is how well those diagonal stripes around the border bring all the bright colors together! This made me smile...and want to chew some bubble gum! Really lovely techniques and the end result could not be more stunning! I like the subtle polka dot background in your gumball machine, too. Thank you so much for sharing such an inspiring card with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for such a lovely comment Andrea!! I love entering the Simon says stamp Monday Challenges everyone is so lovely!! Many thanks Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete