Monday, 20 June 2016

Hello Geometric Stag :D


A really simple card... I used a couple of stitched rectangles (my usual favourite from MFT blueprints 13 and the largest from the MFT stitched rectangle stax) I used the Neon Geometric Capsule collection from Docrafts, I actually used the A5 paper pack which came free with an issue of Creativity, however both these papers are also in the A4 pack and the Ultimate die-cut pack too (but the scale of the pattern size is slightly bigger!). I also used the hello stamp (which was also free on an issue of Creativity, I think this was a different issue, but I can't remember exactly) and embossed this in Cosmic Shimmer detail gold embossing powder (this matched the gold of the mirri card I used for the stag). The stag is an Ultimate crafts die which I got from Craftstash a little while ago, and I cut this from some Anita's gold mirri card. To finish off the card I cut a matt of gold slightly bigger than the smaller stitched rectangle die I'd used to tie all the gold elements together :D The finishing touches were a scattering of 6 mm gold sequins and some tiny gold gems also from Papermania (Docrafts), and the gold heart (which looks like a gem) is actually a gold heart sequin which I covered in Anita's 3D gloss, and it looks brilliant :D :D



I'm entering this card into:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog Challenge 'Animal Magic'
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog Challenge 'Use Patterned Papers'
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

8 comments:

  1. So darling. The gold and pattern paper are perfect together. Great card with a lot of impact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You called this a simple card, but it is a stunner in my opinion! The metallic touches are so sophisticated and I love how the stag pairs with the geometric background. I also thought it was so clever of you to add a heart to your stag! I thoroughly enjoyed this post and seeing your project. Thank you for sharing it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much for your lovely comment Andrea!! Christine xxx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous, love your brilliant background !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. it may be simple Christine but it's gorgeous...love the background...thank you so much for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy what's left of the weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete