Tuesday 7 April 2015

Watercolour Stag :D

I've wanted to try this idea for ages... I printed an image of a stags head, then I traced it onto some acetate with a sharpie, I then cut it out and used a temporary spray adhesive on the back. I placed this in the centre of a piece of watercolour card cut out using a stitched rectangle die. I then used my dylusions ink sprays (but with a paint brush) and randomly added colour over the mask to the backgound... I used calypso teal, fresh lime and polished jade. Once dried I removed the mask and added a little stenciling using a small circles stencil and some broken china distress ink on some cut and dry foam. For finishing touches, I also added a few spots of crystal stickles and some white dots, then stamped the greeting, its from the lawn fawn year two stamp set with the little tortoise in :D


I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog challenge 'Happy Birthday'
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/