Monday, 20 April 2015

Simply Floral Watercolour :D



I recently got a Docrafts Simply Floral stamp set, and as soon as I saw the rose image on the set, this idea came to mind... the original idea was for the card on the left, however, I think I prefer the one on the right (the shaker card).... I started off with a piece of watercolour paper, I then used white Artiste pigment ink to stamp the roses randomly across the watercolour paper, and then I used Cosmic Shimmer True White detail embossing powder over the top. For the watercolouring, I used Distress Stains by putting some out on my glass cutting mat and then applying it with a paint brush. The background was a mix of Broken Chine and a tiny bit of Weathered Wood, the leaves were Peeled Paint and Forest Moss and the roses were a mix of Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry.... When it was finihsed I used a fine paint brush dipped in water and flicked it over the surface to get tiny water droplets which picked up the colour and added a little texture.... I cut the watercoloured piece down to 5" x 5" and then I used the My Favourite Things stitched square stax dies, I picked one and then lined it up four separate times to get the windows or pannels depending on which card.... I made one simple card just using the pannels and then adding a sentiment... then with the window pannel, I decided to make it into a shaker card using an embossing folder in the background to add a bit of texture to the large windows.... I used a few crystal seed beads and the sequins were from a nail art set I got in Poundland :D oh and instead of using acetate, I used half of a plastic CD wallet, I wanted it to give a softer feel, but as I used a white background it's not very noticable....

I am entering these cards into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog challenge 'Make your own Background' :D http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Christine, lovely design and pretty colours..........your rose stamp is gorgeous and beautifully coloured!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers, great colors and texture too! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete