Thursday, 26 September 2013

Congratulations

A distressed Congratulations card :D This card began from an idea that just popped into my head while I was watching telly, which I just jotted down on a piece of paper... it was mainly a layout of a card, and I have changed if from my original idea...

I started with four different designs of patterned paper that coordinated from the Happy Days design stax. I chose one as the backing paper, cut it to size and scuffed the edges using the tonic tool (it's a thread cutter, but you can just use scissors). I then drew a balloon design on a piece of scrap and cut it out to use as a template. The congratulations sentiment is from the free chronology set that was on one of the docrafts magazines, I really love this font cus it's typewriter font :D I really love the idea of making sentiments look like labels on the piece of card, so I thought I'd try and make it match the curve of the balloon (I had to sellotape it to my acrylic block in the end, but it did stay in a curve long enough for me to stamp it). I then made a little bit of bunting to fit with the sketch that I'd drawn (I love that banner shape, and I've been meaning to make some bunting with it... and I finally got round to it lol). I made a mini rosette (as I thought its kinda congratulations) i used a scrap of paper and then scored it every 5mm on my hougie board, and I made a sort of knot of string as the centre to match it in with the tail of the balloon and the bunting. I then finished it off with staples (I've been meaning to try this for ages too lol, but I didn't think gems would suit this card so I thought staples it is then) and then finally I put a few paper curls as streamers... I had originally planned (on my sketch) to have a scroll in the bottom left corner with the rosette on, but it looked too crowded and it looked better as a drawing in the sketch than it did once made out of paper :D

No comments:

Post a Comment