Monday 25 April 2016

Girly Thanks Card :D




I decided to make a really girly and pink thank you card today, and my main inspiration was the creative dies nested hearts die set (which I got in my recent order from Craftstash :D) and the sketch from the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge Sketch 277, I didn't know MFT had challenges on their blogs, so I was very pleased to find it!:D This card went through a lot of changes, I had the idea for the layout and what to use where, but deciding how to use colour i.e. do I ink blend, or use solid colour card or patterned papers was a bit of a nightmare, but in the end I settled on patterned papers, and these ones were from the Me to You Springtime 12x12 paper pack from Docrafts. I started off by creating my focal elements, I used the smallest die from the creative dies nested hearts, and then wanted a white circle to matt this on, and the only circle I could find that looked right was actually the middle of a cog from a Spellbinders die set lol :D The main background panel was cut using the large stitched rectangle die from the MFT Blueprints #13 die-namics (this has to be my most used and favourite die of all time!!). The panel to the left of the card was created by cutting multiple Lawn Fawn scripty thanks and laying them on a piece of card to fill a large area, once the words were stuck in place I then used an MFT vertical stitched stripes die-namic die to create the panel, I like doing it this way round as you get the stitched effect over the top of the thanks die cuts :D After laying out the three focal circles I then thought the background needed a little more, and so cut both remaining dies from the creative dies nested heart set out of the same solid pink patterned paper as the focal elements and added them to the background panel. To finish it off I stacked up three white die cut thanks to create a thicker element and added this to the card, I then used a few hearts (which were the waste from the middle sized heart ring die) as embellishments, and added some Spectrum Noir clear overlay sparkle pen to the focal negative hearts and three tiny hearts too :D Considering what this card went through as I was making it, I really like the finished design, and I think this would also work well in different colour ways too :D



I'm entering this card into:

The MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge Sketch 277
http://www.cardchallenges.com/2016/04/wednesday-sketch-challenge-sketch-277.html

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Make it Girlie challenge
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-make-it-girlie/