Saturday, 6 December 2014

Cute Christmas Gift Tags :D



I placed my first couple of orders with Simon Says Stamp a few weeks ago, and two of the die sets I got were the Waffle Flower Santa add on set, and the SSS stitched circles (deffinetly the best die set I own by far!!) I've seen people use the Santa add on set with the rectangular tag die which coordinates, however I don't have that and I wanted to try something different, so I made them circular with the lovely stitched edge!! I made a few traditional red versions for my presents, and then the Christmas tree theme is purple and silver, so I made a few of that colour way to hang on the tree :D

I tried making them 2 different ways, the second works best:
1st - I drew round the outside edge of the circle die I was going to use onto the red or purple card, then I cut the beard edge and buckle out of some white card and the belt out of black, I then assembled this how I wanted it and then die cut it with the stitched cirlce, however this was now really thick and was very tricky to cut.... so I tried this....
2nd - I cut the red and purple circles first, then cut the belt, buckle and beard, then to get the stitched edges on the beard and belt, I used some maksing tape to hold them inplace to the cirlce die where I wanted them and then ran than through my grand calibur and then assembled it :D this was far easier!

For the buckles I used a silver and gold metallic markers :D

I'm entering these tags into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog Challenge http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

and the SSS Monday blog Challenge
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

I only just discovered these challenge blogs, and I just had to enter!! Can't wait to make so many more things with the stuff I ordered from SSS :D



6 comments:

  1. so fabulous!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Happy Holidays :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to enter lots more of your challenges! I think this is the first comment I've ever had on my blog too lol, so Thank you :D Happy Holidays to you too :D Christine

      Delete
  2. Adorable tags! Such fun designs!

    Happy Holidays!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I look forward to entering lots more :D Happy Holidays :D Christine

      Delete
  3. These are brilliant made into tags ! I have this die so will give it a try - thank's for the inspiration !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete